It’s time to serve up the best new social media tools and platforms doing the rounds. This week’s post looks at a clever news gathering tool, a powerful content curation tool and some apps to help you find and store your favorite images.
Should we dive in? OK!
F**k it, we'll do it live!
1. Be the first in your network to deliver breaking news thanks to Chaptur – Chaptur.com is a new website that tracks relevant news developments from all over the world in real-time and then delivers the stuff you want straight to your preferred device. More than 100 major platforms are tracked as part of the Chaptur service.
2. Art lovers can now get all socially analytical thanks to Museum Analytics – Museum Analytics is an online platform to share and discuss information about museums and their audiences. For each museum there is a daily updated report with information about online and offline audiences. These reports are an essential tool for communication departments to evaluate and understand their progress. For example, see the report generated for London: http://www.museum-analytics.org/city/london
3. Unleash your inner content curator with Bo.lt – BO.LT gives you a way to save, organize and share stories, articles and vacation plans. You can gather great design examples, gift ideas, useful tips and any other meaningful content you find on the Web and save it all within your own personal, permanent collection. The remix function is especially cool. See our launch story on BO.LT here.
4. A bookmarking site specifically for images? Yep, say hello to Pleeq.com – Whether you are hobbyist blogger or manning a professional news outlet, this looks like it would be a great place to tag share images you find on the web. Register for Pleeq here.
5. Share your images in the easiest way possible with imgur.com – Although this one has been around for a while, we’ve never profiled it on our weekly roundups so wanted to make mention of it this week. It’s a simple way to share and store your images online and you get your own vanity URL too!
That’s it for this week!