This is the third of a weekly series, in which every week, we’ll look at five social media tools and platforms that have created some buzz over the last week.
Sound good? Let’s dive in…
- YouTube Direct brings full YouTube functionality to your blog / site – YouTube fans have been making the most of YouTube’s video embedding capability for a while now, but this tool from YouTube essentially turns your blog into a YouTube channel. This means people can submit videos to your blog for review / consideration and you can add them to your blog within the one, contained dashboard. Although this service has been around for about 18 months, personal technology is finally at a level to make it more relevant. Check out the introduction video here.
- Create your own ‘how to’ page with tildee.com – Over the last few years, smart brands have realised that being useful is the best way to develop relationships with customers. Tildee is a central bank of ‘how to’ guides and posts, allowing you to create and learn with similarly-minded people. Learn about how to create your own tutorial here.
- Create and manage social web apps with SnapApp – This one is sent straight from heaven, especially if you manage Facebook pages. SnapApp is a self-serve platform that allows you to create custom applications including quizzes, surveys and polls, and then share them across the social web. Check out some of the great examples here.
- The creating continues with Minigroup.com - Minigroup is a completely private platform that lets you share the right stuff with the right people, without intrusion from strangers, friends-of-friends, or search engines, all from a single account. It also enables the use custom identities to share appropriate personal information with various groups. Check out the Minigroup blog here.
- Recruitment blended with social influence served up at Labels.io – This is an interesting concept and one that may spur others like it. Labels.io is a recruitment and resume service but added a new feature this week which helps put a value on your knowledge of topics relating to your vocation. Check out Labels Weight here.
That’s it for this week, catch you again in seven days!