The Next Web is looking for a VP of Sales & Revenue.
Quite simply, you will be responsible for helping drive revenue growth at The Next Web.
You’ll do this by:
- Coordinating campaigns between our editorial team and sales team
- Working alongside our ad agency to create proposals and media plans
- Packaging up proposals and approaching independent companies with sponsorship opportunities for TheNextWeb.com and our events business.
- Managing the ad inventory system and keeping track of outstanding proposals
- Overseeing the transition of taking a campaign from proposal status to going live on our site.
- Exploring other possibilities for revenue generation
- Creation and implementation of non-advertising revenue generating ideas (e.g. TNW Pro)
Who we’re looking for:
You’ll need to be an individual who is passionate about digital advertising, conversational marketing and revenue generation. You should be sales and operations focused. Previous experience in the advertising industry is a must, and experience within the digital publishing business – particular in conversational marketing – is a huge bonus.
You must have a BA/BS Degree and ideally have 2+ years of experience in a sales or advertising-support related role. You should have an in depth understanding of Google Analytics, traffic analysis and advertising metrics.
The ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented, exceptionally organized, has the ability to multitask and manage multiple accounts, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment. Great communication skills are important. And a positive, can-do attitude is mandatory.
Location: New York or London