With precious few shopping days left until Christmas, we can forgive you for spending the weekend out and about picking gifts, drinking mulled wine and generally enjoying the festive cheer. Fortunately, we did all our shopping early this year, so we spent the weekend keeping our finger on the ever beating pulse of tech news, instead of spending it in shopping malls.
So, put your feet up (perhaps not literally if you’re in an office) and spend 10 minutes catching up on all the tech news you missed from the last two days:
News from over the weekend at The Next Web:
- Marissa Mayer Apologizes for Yahoo Mail Outage
- Winklevoss Twin Discusses Bitcoin on Reddit
- Twitter Vulnerability Lets Apps Send DMs Without Permission
- Google Acquires Robotics Company Boston Dynamics
- Twitter Tests Showing Tweets near Your Location on iOS
- Netflix for Android Now Supports User Profiles
- Back of a Napkin Aims to Get the Specifics of Building a Startup out of the Way
- Airbnb Updates Android App with Accommodation Reviews and More
- Memoir, A Photo Archive App for iOS, Gets Twitter Support
- Review: LG’s Flexible and Self-Healing Smartphone
- Windows Phone Apps: The State of Play
- What Would an Apple Moonshot Look Like?
- 14 Ways Google Gets it Right Even After 15 Years
- Developers are too Late to the Messaging App Party
- 7 Entrepreneurs Discuss Location Independent Working
- UpBeat Puts you in Control of the Music Charts
From beyond The Next Web:
- Disruptions: Internet’s Sad Legacy: No More Secrets [NY Times Bits Blog]
- The 50 best apps of 2013 [Guardian]
- AOL Chief’s White Whale Finally Slips His Grasp [The New York Times]
Apple Can’t Ban “Rate This App” Dialogs [Marco Arment]
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
Featured Image Credit – Thinkstock