As part of the European Commission’s drive to promote tech entrepreneurship within the European Union, Tech All Stars was launched last year as a way of honoring the best startups to have completed accelerators or have won other startup competitions.
This year’s application process opened last month and now a panel of judges has filtered the hundreds of entrants down to a final twelve. These startups will go on to a three-stage process taking in Angelsbootcamp in Berlin, Founders Forum near London and finally the Digital Agenda Assembly in Dublin next month, where the winner will be announced.
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
Who made it through? Let’s take a look…
1. Trustev – “Real-time, online verification using social fingerprinting technology.”
2. Infantium Team– “Technology company that uses big data to individualize learning.”
3. Snap Fashion – “A visual search engine to find your dream outfit from a photo.”
4. Transmetrics – “Saving millions € in transport with predictive analytics.”
5. Tempster– “Hailo for the hospitality world.”
6. Viewsy – Viewsy is a location analytics solution for the physical world
7. Mist.io– Manage and monitor servers across clouds from any web device.
8. EcoChain – “The business ‘LinkedIn’ of sustainability”
9. SportSquare Games – “Develop cross-platform sport fantasy games for all the major sports in the world with real-time matches.”
10. CLYC – “Taking bicycle security and experience to the next level, the digital level and connecting it all to your smartphone.”
11. SNTMNT– “Social sentiment analysis for financial markets.”
12. Bableverse – “On-demand voice translation by pro interpreters and bilinguals, in any language & situation.”
We’ll be at the Digital Agenda Assembly next month and will let you know wins. By way of disclosure, I was among the panel selecting the final twelve, although I’m not involved in the process from here on in.
Image credit: Getty Images