Too caught up with the whirl of busy weekend duties to catch up on the tech news that broke over the weekend? We’ve done the job for you. Here’s a roundup of what you may have missed over the weekend, including stories from The Next Web and beyond.
In the news
- Yahoo board approves $1.1B Tumblr salvation, but will the company accept?
- Youtube reveals users now upload more than 100 hours of video per minute, as the site turns eight
- Autodesk buys Tinkercad, saving the easy to use Web-based 3D modeling tool from closure
- Developer releases template code to allow almost anyone to create a Google Glass app
- Russia gets its first taste of mobile social banking, thanks to Instabank
- That buzzing sound: President Obama to address drone program in Thursday speech
- Lunch date with Twitter and Square founder Jack Dorsey raises $31,600 for educational charity BUILD
Do business with 5,000 people
TNW NYC is our New York technology event for anyone interested in helping their company grow.
- Turnaround: Marissa Mayer’s first 300 days as Yahoo’s CEO
- Meet three startups that participated in Microsoft’s Azure-focused Israeli accelerator
- What the future looks like inside the lab that brought us Siri, the mouse and the Internet itself
- 5 things the UK’s Silicon Roundabout needs to do to take on Silicon Valley
- The Internet of Things: In action
TNW Conference 2013: videos
Interesting stories from beyond The Next Web
- One issue holding up Apple iRadio: The economics of skipping songs [CNET]
- The Evolution Of Hacker News [TechCrunch]
- Yahoo! And Tumblr: It’s About Display, Streams & Native At Scale [Battellemedia]
- Why Yahoo Doesn’t Think Tumblr Has a Porn Problem [AllThingsD]
Image credit: Thinkstock