Look. Away. From. The. Internet. Yes, it’s hard to do, but if you somehow managed it this weekend, here’s a catchup of what you missed.
In the news
- Facebook’s new temporary dev office in Vancouver underscores how broken US immigration policy remains
- Starting today, the US has a ‘first to file’ patent system
- Hushed’s disposable numbers now available for iOS devices, letting you create your own burn phone
- Feedly picks up 500,000 new users following Google’s decision to can its Reader service
- Striking Uber drivers plan on not answering calls for rides on St. Patrick’s Day in San Francisco
- Flickr updates its iOS app enabling hashtags to be added to any photo’s title, description, or search
- Evernote Android SDK gets support for Business and China services, bringing parity with iOS
- WhatsApp reportedly moving into gaming after inking deal with Korean games-maker (Update)
- After testing a new grid menu on its homepage, Google experiments with no navigation bar on all its sites
- 500 Startups’ Geeks On A Plane tour is coming to Southeast Asia for the first time in June
- Flashlight apps, location and why consumers still don’t understand privacy
- On Twitter, and the steps to design consistency
- Take a tour of London’s Digital Peninsula
Interesting stories from beyond The Next Web
- Uber’s Free Ride [The New Yorker]
- Apple is Losing The War – Of Words [Monday Note]
- The Innovator: Jack Dorsey [CBS News]
- High Priest of App Design, at Home in Philly [Wall Street Journal]
- Uber, Data Darwinism and the future of work [Giga OM]
Europe, are you ready?
TNW Conference is back for its 12th year. Reserve your 2-for-1 ticket voucher now.
Image credit: Creatas / Thinkstock