If you found it possible to put down your phone, switch off your computer, hide your tablet and have some good old fashioned offline time this weekend, well done – but here’s what you missed.
In the news
- Evernote resets all passwords after intrusion: User data accessed, but payment details untouched
- Popular jailbreak software Cydia hits 14m monthly users on iOS 6, 23m on all devices
- Google listing shows Google Play gift cards are UK-bound, will come in £10, £25, £50 denominations
- Nokia’s comeback suffers a blow as it is dropped from the Euro Stoxx 50 Index
- Google tests data compression proxy feature to speed up Chrome for Android, like Opera Turbo and Amazon Silk
- LG notches 10 million sales of LTE smartphones, aims to double the figure in 2013
- Microsoft appears to aim for another holiday-season firmware update to Windows Phone
- Microsoft is working to fix the Windows Phone 7.8 Live Tile freezing issue
- CISPA sponsors see forward movement for their cybersecurity bill
- TNW interviews author and consumer advocate Doc Searls
- How to let go of your killer thing that didn’t kill
- How your business could learn from Chaos Monkey
- UltraViolet, comic books and the rise of digital download codes as a second market
- Bangalore brings India’s startup ecosystem into the limelight, but how exactly is it faring?
Interesting stories from beyond The Next Web
- The age of the brag is over: why Facebook might be losing teens [The Verge]
- Disruptions: As User Interaction on Facebook Drops, Sharing Comes at a Cost [New York Times]
- Other Reasons Nick Bilton Seeing FB Decline [Elapsed Time: Hunter Walk]
- There Was That Whole Internet Thing, Too [TechCrunch]
- Steve Mann: My “Augmediated” Life – What I’ve learned from 35 years of wearing computerized eyewear [IEEE Spectrum]
Europe, are you ready?
TNW Conference is back for its 12th year. Reserve your 2-for-1 ticket voucher now.
Image credit: Thinkstock