The rumors have been swirling around for some time now, but the Intuition by LG – which is touted as combining tablet productivity with smartphone functionality – will be available online through Verizon’s website from September 6. It will cost $199.99.
Verizon confirmed details around the launch earlier today, referring to it as a “next-generation device that offers the full functionality of a smartphone and a tablet all in one slim, pocket friendly device”.
Europe, are you ready?
TNW Conference is back for its 12th year. Reserve your 2-for-1 ticket voucher now.
The Intuition by LG will be available exclusively for Verizon Wireless, and following its appearance online this Thursday, it will be hitting Verizon Wireless Communications stores beginning Sept. 10, with a new two-year customer agreement. Buyers will also need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless data plan.
As an online only promotion, customers who purchase The Intuition by LG between Sept. 6 and Sept. 10 will also receive a LG Tone Stereo Bluetooth headset for free.
The Intuition’s 5-inch display, with 4:3 aspect ratio, is geared towards those reading e-books, watching videos, Web browsing and perusing presentations. The device also features the Polaris Office app, letting customers view, create, edit and share documents, spreadsheets and presentations on the Intuition’s large display.
Additionally, it also features the LG Tag+ app and two reprogrammable NFC (Near Field Communications) stickers, which can be used to create and switch between different phone modes. What does this mean? Well, the stickers can be posted somewhere convenient, and you simply tap the NFC sticker with your phone to activate a specific mode – and tap it again to return to the original settings. The different modes are customizable and include Car Mode, Office Mode, Sleep Mode and User Mode.
Key features include:
- 5-inch display with high-definition detail (4:3 aspect ratio and 650 NIT display)
- Business ready with enterprise grade security, corporate data encryption with Data-at-Rest Encryption (DARE), multi-headed VPN for corporate network connections, remote wipe capability
- Suite of Amazon apps includes Kindle, Shopping, MP3, Zappos, IMDB and Audible
- 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and 1080p HD video recording
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for video chatting
- Enhanced camera features include voice commands to take a picture, continuous shot to take 6 shots with one tap and panorama shot to merge horizontal shots
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM
- Mobile Hotspot – Share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Bluetooth Version 3.0 + HS
- SmartShare – Share media wirelessly to DLNA-enabled devices
Serving 94.2 million retail customers, including 88.8 million retail postpaid customers, Verizon is one of the US’s preeminent mobile carriers, and operates the country’s largest 4G LTE network. It’s headquartered in Basking Ridge, New Jersey.