Tons of location buzz going on at SXSW, and it’s likely going to take us a few days to go through it all.
Here are a couple of the whispers that I’ve heard:
So. Much. Tech.
Some of the biggest names in tech are coming to TNW Conference in Amsterdam this May.
– Foursquare signed a distribution deal with Starbucks
– Chicago based Toodalu launched a location based iPhone app with a map based interface.
– Brightkite is working on a meta check in service with the awesome domain check.in
– French check-in app TellMeWhere (careful, this app is very aggressive on the “viral” sharing) is claiming 500K users and is jumping across the pond
– Buzzd and new location based media sharing app Lokast seem to be working together
– Enterprise geo game company Scvngr sounds like they’re killing it, and have $4M from Google ventures.
– A lot of people are talking about Hot Potato (our review).
– Plancast is frequently getting thrown into the location discussion, though they are not doing anything with location yet.
– I saw a demo of an awesome European events / check in app that I can’t talk about yet.
– My company DoubleDutch will be launching an enterprise geolocation product tomorrow.
More updates to follow.