Tons of location buzz going on at SXSW, and it’s likely going to take us a few days to go through it all.
Here are a couple of the whispers that I’ve heard:
- Foursquare signed a distribution deal with Starbucks
- Chicago based Toodalu launched a location based iPhone app with a map based interface.
- Brightkite is working on a meta check in service with the awesome domain check.in
- French check-in app TellMeWhere (careful, this app is very aggressive on the “viral” sharing) is claiming 500K users and is jumping across the pond
- Buzzd and new location based media sharing app Lokast seem to be working together
- Enterprise geo game company Scvngr sounds like they’re killing it, and have $4M from Google ventures.
- A lot of people are talking about Hot Potato (our review).
- Plancast is frequently getting thrown into the location discussion, though they are not doing anything with location yet.
- I saw a demo of an awesome European events / check in app that I can’t talk about yet.
- My company DoubleDutch will be launching an enterprise geolocation product tomorrow.
More updates to follow.