On November 1st, the Decoded Fashion event takes place to connect retailers, technologists and startups around the world of style to see what plans they can hatch for the future.
As part of the event, ten startups have been chosen to pitch for the chance to win $65,000 investment from Index Ventures and Marks and Spencer.
New York, are you ready?
We’re building Momentum: an all killer, no filler event this November.
The finalists are –
- Birdback, the UK company for linking online apps to offline payments
- Fiverun from the US which helps brick & mortar retailers enhance in-store purchase experience
- Nuji for discovering new stores and products using social analytics
- Perch Interactive which makes in-store retail displays
- Publishzer for online publishing
- Say Duck, the app for displaying merchandise via augmented reality
- ShopOfMe the web app that uses social analytics to suggest products
- Snap Fashion the visual search product that uses image recognition
- triMirror which combines 3D technology and real-time simulations for virtual fitting
- WearPanda the ethical eyewear company
The finalists will face a panel of experts including Facebook’s Director of Retail, Luxury & Fashion Partnerships; Tracy Yaverbaun, Index Ventures’ Venture Partner; Robin Klein, Westfield Shoppingtowns’ Senior Vice President of Digital Innovation; Angel Gambino, Topshop’s Chief Marketing Officer; Justin Cooke and Marks & Spencer’s Digital Innovation Development Manager, John Pillar, so they had better have their pitches in order.
Not only will the pitches aim to win the investment prize, getting in front of this panel also means the chance to influence the sector as John Pillar, of M&S points out, “M&S is investing in developing a leading multi-channel shopping experience for its customers, and this pitch will provide a fantastic showcase of the most forward-thinking innovations in the marketplace. We’re delighted to be part of the process as we look to embrace the very latest interactive and inspirational technologies.”
Decoded Fashion’s European launch takes place at The Royal Society on November 1. The event will feature panels of experts, talks and presentations exploring the world of retail, technology and style. There will also be an ‘Imagination Room’, an interactive space filled with cutting-edge technology changing the way customers shop.
Also during Decoded Fashion London, the British Government’s GREAT campaign will honor NET-A-PORTER and its founder Natalie Massenet with the inaugural award for achievement in fashion and technology. The award highlights the success of the digital fashion company and prominence of the fashion-tech community of London.
The Next Web will be at the event chatting to panels of experts and getting our style on, so if you fancy joining us to find out about the nexus of fashion and tech, tickets are available at London.DecodedFashion.com.
Image Credit: Ed Jones/ Getty Images