Launched in 2008, HootSuite lets users manage multiple social networks through a single dashboard, and the Vancouver-based company has grown into a global social media brand used by individuals and companies alike. Earlier this year, we reported that HootSuite had released its Engagement API and reeled in the likes of Digg and Trendspottr to its App Directory, and later added Instagram, SlideShare and a number of others services, before adding Reddit, StumbleUpon and more in October.
The App Directory launched late last year, featuring tools created by third-party developers to extend the main dashboard. With it, HootSuite allows developers to create new apps using the available toolkit, with the resulting apps integrated directly into HootSuite streams.
Here’s an overview of some of the key features with the lateste five new apps.
- Vimeo joins YouTube as another video-hosting/streaming app on HootSuite. The Vimeo app lets users upload videos, search for and view videos, and share videos to their social networks.
- The self-hosted WordPress.org blogging platform needs little introduction, and now you can monitor your self-hosted WordPress.org pages and posts, create and edit pages and posts, view, add and moderate comments, share your pages and posts to social networks in HootSuite.
- Via.Me lets you share your stories in pictures, video, sound and text. The app for HootSuite allows you to upload media to your Via.Me account, stream your home feed, view account activity, follow fans who like and comment on your posts.
- Reachli provides a suite of tools to help content creators and sellers post and measure their visual content on Pinterest. The Reachli app for HootSuite allows you to create campaigns when pinning to your Pinterest boards and view metrics for pins such as number of clicks, likes, repins and total reach.
- Scripted is a scalable content creation solution for businesses looking to increase their inbound marketing metrics. The Scripted app for HootSuite allows you to stream all your social content jobs for distribution of personalized social media messaging to all your social networks.
Today represents the tenth wave of social apps added to the dashboard, and now means that the App Directory is home to 41 tools and applications.
Feature Image Credit – Thinkstock