Automattic has just updated its WordPress for iOS app with a number of new features, including support for featured images, push notifications for self-hosted blogs utilizing the Jetpack plugin and a number of bug fixes.
This update continues Automattic’s mobile push, which is absolutely essential for WordPress’ future dominance as a publishing platform. In addition, the new Jetpack-powered push notifications feature (which is restricted to blog owners for the time being) means Automattic’s plugin will continue to receive plenty of attention as a way of bridging the gap between WordPress.com’s hosting service/network and the open source software on WordPress.org.
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
Today’s release is the first noteworthy update since WordPress for iOS received a major facelift back in August. The design was dramatically improved, and a number of new features also debuted, including:
- Support for Post Formats.
- WordPress.com Reader and Quick Photo added for the iPad.
- New Simple post preview feature for the iPad.
- All-new WordPress.com stats.
- New WordPress.com Friend Finder feature helps you find your friends blogging on WordPress.com.
- Landscape orientation support throughout the app.
- Easy access to your site – view it and access the web dashboard right from the app.
Download the updated app via the link below and let us know what you think in the comments!
Image credit: Jupiterimages / Thinkstock