Look at that, the WordPress app for iPhone and iPad was updated with a bevy of new and useful features that don’t include the word “bugfix.” Nifty new design tweaks include sliding panels on the iPad and a new sidebar which reminds me of Facebook on iOS.
Perhaps more important are some feature updates, which include:
- Support for Post Formats.
- WordPress.com Reader and Quick Photo added for the iPad.
- New Simple post preview feature for the iPad.
- All-new WordPress.com stats.
- New WordPress.com Friend Finder feature helps you find your friends blogging on WordPress.com.
- Landscape orientation support throughout the app.
- Easy access to your site – view it and access the web dashboard right from the app.
It’s about time some of those features made it to the app, I say. WordPress app development moves at a glacial pace. The app was a bit of a train wreck before. While the UI is clearly inspired by Facebook and Path, the added features and ease of use are going to be great for publishers. The WordPress blog has a full rundown of the new features.