Twilio has launched an API status page for its service, calling it “shiny” and “modern”. The bigger news, however, is that Twilio has open sourced the code behind the status page into a new project called Stashboard.
“Stashboard is a status dashboard for APIs and software services. It’s similar to the Amazon AWS Status Page or the Google Apps Status Page,” according to the new site. The Python code apparently has to be run inside of Google App Engine, which might be a disadvantage to some, but otherwise it seems like a pretty useful free tool. Here’s a live demo and features include:
- Track multiple different API or SaaS services
- Set custom status messages and icons such as Up/Down
- Show historical status for each service
- Runs on Google App Engine so it’s independent of your infrastructure (unless your app is on GAE)
- Full REST API for both getting and setting status information
- CNAME to http://status.yourapp.com
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.