The Museum of Modern Betas has published their annual most anticipated Betas of the Year.
They generate the list by counting the number of Delicious bookmarks for each service in beta. That doesn’t make it too scientific but I it is a valid, and smart, way of putting this list together. For your enjoyment:
“The most awesome stage”
Last year, Facebook's VP of Design thought the TNW Conference main stage was the best she'd ever been on.
Nr. 1: Wolfram|Alpha
– computational knowledge engine.
Nr. 2: AlternativeTo
– Find better Windows, Mac, Linux and online applications.
Nr. 3: fontcapture
– create a font from your very own handwriting.
– the place to record those command-line gems that you return to again and again.
– manage multiple Twitter profiles, pre-schedule tweets, and measure your success.
– an online tool that makes it easy for you to create, link together, preview, and share mockups of your website or application.
– Google Browser Size is a visualization of browser window sizes for people.
– Google Fast Flip is a web application that lets users discover and share news articles.
– Google Wave is a new model for communication and collaboration on the web.
– the Daft Punk’s console.