There are so many Add-ons that are currently available for Firefox for easing your way through social networking, web development, media management, alerts and security that the mind boggles.
Here we present a couple of Firefox Add-ons, which we believe are key to making your browsing experience better.
Europe’s leading tech festival
TNW Conference is back for its 12th year. Reserve your 2-for-1 ticket voucher now.
It opens dialog windows such as Downloads, History, Extensions and Bookmarks in the sidebar. You can even view source or websites in the sidebar. Each sidebar panel is also accessible by a shortcut key so that you can quickly pop out the sidebar with the right key combination.
- F4 – To open or close the sidebar.
- Ctrl+Shift+F4 – To open or close the options dialog.
You can set its orientation to left or right, set the minimum, default and maximum width based on your needs with ease. It also includes a slide-out button and a toolbar which can be extensively customized.
The All-In-One Sidebar Firefox extension is available for download from the Firefox Add-ons site.
It extends the Location Bar in your browser with set of icons to:
- Create a Tiny URL (Shorten URL via tinyurl.com)
- Copy URL to clipboard
- Navigate through sequential URLs. This function / icon appears only when the add-on recognizes sequential URL’s. You need to hold the icon to navigate the next URL in the sequence.
- Tag current pages and browse them later using the ‘Recent Tags’ menu.
- Go up one level or directly to the root of the current site (double click).
- Search the current site using Google.
- (Very Suitable for Work!) Surf anonymously using online proxy servers and Unblock filtered websites.
You can always show/hide any icon you don’t need using the settings dialog. UrlbarExt Firefox Add-on is available for download here.
Do let us know about your favorite Add-on(s) in the comments.
Read next: Aren't we all Twitter Correspondents?